Monday, June 30, 2008

My 50 Miler



Monday I set out to ride to Texas through Florida and I took my camera since I haven't really done a 50 miler in a couple years.

Starting point Jewell, OH



First town was about 8 miles away. Man Florida comes up fast. I thought the 50 was pretty cool in this pic.



Next up was Napoleon. Apparently they like water polo.




Look back at the big city of Napoleon, OH



Finally made it to the turn around point. This was the only proof I could find that I made it to Texas. Took a gel at this point and some water and started worrying about getting rained on.



I stopped about 5 miles later at a little shop to get a plastic bag to put my camera in and ate a sample size cliff bar and more water even though I didn't feel I needed it. Here are just a few pics for the rest of the ride.

A happy barn



Campbell's soup factory


This is what I saw for most of the ride. Lots of corn, wheat and soy beans. I loved it.



Ended up back at home in a couple minutes under 3 hrs ride time. Ate a great granma cooked lunch and headed up to Sandusky, OH to go to Cedar Point Amusement park for the night and next day. Hope to have some of that ready to put up later.

No comments: