Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Cedar Point 6-30-08 & 7-1-08

After my 50 mile bike ride 6 of us treked up to Sandusky to go to Cedar Point. In the car were my mom and dad, sister, her boyfriend Chad and Kim and I. It was a tight squeeze but it saved on gas. When we got up there Kim's parents met us at the hotel but stayed back a little bit while the rest of us went to the park. We got there a little after a storm passed through so there was really very little wait at all the coasters.

We started off on Raptor and it was great and onto Maxx Air. Even my mom rode. I think we were all a little queasy after that one, but I still love that free fall feeling. Got a little bit to eat (Kim had a corndog of course) and we were good to go again.

Next we went back to Mellennium Force my favorite ride.



Everything about it is fun. It is fast, steep, smooth and everything else a coaster should be. After that we hit up Maverick, the newest coaster. If it was a little longer, it might move past Millenium. Lindsay, Chad and I went on Mean Streak next. That might be my last time on that one. Just a little too jerky for me.

It was starting to get late so we headed over to the Top Thrill Dragster to end the night off. On our way, we stopped at the Magnum since the line was so short. We got through that and got in line at Top Thrill. If you haven't heard of this ride, it is basically a coaster that shoots you off, takes you almost straight up in the air, over a hump and back down at speeds up to 120 MPH. The ride lasts about 17 seconds.

Here is a pic of it I took from Power Tower.



We (Kim and I, Kim's mom and my dad) stood in line for about 45 minutes and we got up on the platform. Almost there! And then the ride breaks...Just when we were about to leave they shot a car off, alright we are going to make it! Well, not so much. After that car it was done for the night and pretty much the next day and we never did get to ride it. Oh well we had been on it before.


We stayed the night at a Cedar Point hotel so we were able to get into the park an hour early and start hitting the big rides again. I think Kim and I rode every one we wanted to do except for Top Thrill. That day we also met up with my aunt and uncle, a couple of my cousins and their friends. It was a good time but we were worn out. We ended up leaving at about 4 and headed on back home with a stop at a Bob Evans for dinner. Yum.

No comments: