Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Fun

Well I didn't do anything special for New Years Eve (I was actually asleep by 11) so I decided to do something fun on New Years Day while everyone was sleeping off the hangover. Since this is my year of triathlon, I decided to start the year off with one of my own.

I woke up about 6am, ate a little breakfast and headed to the gym. I swam for about 30 minutes doing some drills and just trying to get more comfortable in the water. I probably only swam about 800 yards but it felt good for me.

I then came home and took out my road bike. I just got a new rear wheel in so I wanted to try it out instead of my tri bike. It was pretty windy but not too cold, in the 50's. I rode for 24 miles on a loop that I ride quite often. I didn't want to go too hard or long this early in the season so it was pretty easy spinning.

Once I got home I swapped into running shoes and went on a 5 mile run. I felt like I was dragging but my pace was pretty good at the end of the run. One thing I am really going to focus on this year (well, besides swimming) is running after the bike. This was a good start to that goal.

All in all it was pretty uneventful but I felt good after getting that all out and starting the new year off right.

Next up is the Houston Marathon.

No comments: