Sunday, July 27, 2008

Week in Review

Nothing too exciting went on this week. Kim is in Houston so it is just me and the cat hanging out. I did commute by bike 4 days this week for a total of 88 miles (11 miles each way). The mornings were pretty easy, but afternoons were really hot with a couple days over 100.

I took a couple days off of running, so during the week I only tallied up 8 miles. On Saturday I went trail running with a group that I joined up with. I ran with a couple other guys and got in 10 miles. I think I am going to most of my long runs out there. It is such a change of pace from the normal sidewalk running. That afternoon I went to see the new Batman movie. That is a great movie, the Joker is crazy good from Heath Ledger.

Sunday morning I got up early again and went out for a long bike ride. I felt pretty bad the first few miles but got into a good rhythm after that. I got a new seat and it helped out a lot, I felt much better. All in all I got in 52 miles. I need to do a couple more of these long rides to get ready for the MS150. The good thing is I'll be able to draft in that so I won't have to work nearly as hard.

No comments: